Marin Headlands to Stinson

We are hiking the first 2 days of the Marin hike next week, staying 1 night in Muir Beach.  Since it is mid-week, early in the season and COVID....transportation is difficult so we may park a car at each end.

Questions:

1.  Can you park overnight in Marin Headlands?

2. Is there a place to park overnight in Stinson Beach?

3. Do the the site improvements at Marin Headlands affect the Miwok/Wolf Ridge/Coastal trail access?

Thank you!

Katie

You need to be a member of Walkabout California to add comments!

Join Walkabout California

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Katie,

You can  park in the Headlands.  I suggest you park in or near the Headlands Institute parking area. There will be lots of other over night cars parked there.  If you are staying in Stinson Beach, you can probably arrange to park at your inn or bnb.  If you aren't staying overnight, there should be spots for overnight street parking.  I haven't been hiking in the Headlands in the last month, but all of the trails you mention should be open.  You might want to call the Marin Headlands Visitor Center to double check.

Have a great walkabout.  It should be beautiful. When you are finished, please share your experience with the Walkabout California Community on the Forum.

Happy Hiking,

Tom Courtney

• Thanks, Tom!  This will be our first walkabout so we're starting out with the closest and easiest, but we're hoping it goes well and we'll expand our horizons.  Your NorCal book is so good,  I'm getting the SoCal book next!  (It won't be autographed like the NorCal one....we met you at the REI in Mountain View talk.)

Katie

This reply was deleted.