Stinson Beach is a great stop on any version of the Marin Walkabout, but my husband and I still haven't found the right inn for us in Stinson. Does anyone have recommendations on a place to stay that you love? We enjoy eating at the Sand Dollar because of the live music. The Parkside Cafe is also a fairly good restaurant with outdoor seating. Anyone have restaurants or particular dishes to recommend? Stories to tell? Photos to share?

You need to be a member of Walkabout California to add comments!

Join Walkabout California

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• We just stayed in the Redwood Haus this past Saturday and found it rather strange. Cheap ($110), and the sheets were clean, but breakfast was weird and there were many 'permanent' guests.

We had the best salad and burger I think we've ever had at Beach Side Cafe (across from Sand Dollar). Maybe it was because we were so hungry. :) Apparently those two restaurants are owned by the same person. (not sure how accurate that is, since it was info gleaned from one of the 'permanent' guests.)
  • I have stayed at several places in Stinson Beach. The motels are fairly ordinary, but what I appreciate about Stinson Beach is that it is affordable. For this part of the California coast, the places not high end. The town is really fun. The oysters at Sand Dollar are outstanding.

One Saturday we hiked from Muir Woods to Stinson Beach down the steep ravine trail, went swimming at the beach, and had oysters for lunch at the Sand Dollar. By then it was getting later, so we took the bus back up to Pantol and hiked across to Muir woods as the sun was slanting low through the strees. It was a spectacularly fun day. Heidi
This reply was deleted.