Southern California Walkabouts?

I love this website and the idea of these types of trips! I'd love to do one but all these trails seem to be in northern california.... I really wanna do this ... can anyone give some  suggestions for Southern California trails?

You need to be a member of Walkabout California to add comments!

Join Walkabout California

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• We have been hiking from inn-to-inn along the Southern California Coast. It is a beautiful and wild coastline with rugged, secluded coves, rocky promontories, and classic Southern California beaches. Wildlife abounds – migrating whales, sea birds, seals, porpoises, and sea lions. The rewards are great – charming coastal towns, interesting inns, fine cuisine, and long days spent hiking along and swimming in the wild Pacific.

We plan to publish an inn-to-inn hiking guide for the 218 miles from Leo Carrillo State Beach at the north end of L.A. County to the Mexican border. So far, we have hiked about half of the way.

Do you have any ideas for a Southern California Walkabout that you would like to see in our next book?

Tom

• how far have you gone for s. ca. route.    I was thinking it would be quite possible to start in Imperial Beach,  and walk via Coronado (paved bike path)  take the ferry to the embarkadero in San Diego,  and continue up walkways, sidewalks,  then beach walking in Pacific Beach etc.  Joanne

• Did you see the "200 miles of california coast" thread? Steve Allen put together a SoCal route from Huntington Beach to Santa Barbara using Google Maps, although it doesn't sound like it includes as many back country trails as the trips on this site.
This reply was deleted.