Transit between Marin and Mendocino

Hi Folks

We are planning to walk a bit in Northern CA in mid-October this fall. Right now I would love to walk the Marin Coast and then finish off with the two day Mendocino walk. The problem I can foresee is that I'm not sure how to get to Albion from Olema to connect the two walks. Google maps tells me it's a 2 1/2 hour drive but a 20+ hour bus ride. We are flying in from Canada so we won't have a car. A 2 1/2 hour uber ride sounds expensive (if that's even an option). Is anyone familiar with the area to suggest a plan?

Thanks in advance!

Stephanie

You need to be a member of Walkabout California to add comments!

Join Walkabout California

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Stephanie,

It sounds like you have a great adventure in mind.  I don't think there is a quick public transportation option for getting from Olema to Albion.  You could take the bus from Olema to San Rafael.  Then it looks like an 8 hour bus ride to Mendocino.  There is a regular bus that goes from Mendocino to Albion.  Another option would be to rent a car.

The walkabout from San Francisco to Half Moon Bay is lovely.  You might want to consider returning to SF from Olema by bus and then heading south.

Tom

• Hi Tom

Thanks for that advice. We walked the San Francisco to Half Moon Bay last spring and LOVED it, otherwise we would take your suggestion. But I think your idea of a bus from Olema to San Rafael and then a car rental from there might be our best option.

We're looking forward to exploring more of the California coast!

Stephanie

This reply was deleted.